The White Home

Built in 1839

About this Project

Built in 1839 in the historic East Town District, the White Home was one of the first homes constructed in Rock Hill, SC. Through exhibits and programs, the story of a family that was instrumental in the birth and development of Rock Hill, and has served South Carolina for generations, is told. In 2005 Rock Hill purchased the property and began a five-year restoration journey with Leitner Construction serving as the general contractor. Today the White Home houses a collection of historical photographs and documents that reveal the growth and development of Rock Hill over the past 175 years. The present day site spans more than 3 acres and includes the main house and several out buildings.

1800 Saluda Road
PO Box 12190
Rock Hill, SC 29731

(803) 324-5665

Email Us Directly