Historic White Home
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Built in 1839 in the historic East Town District, the White Home, located at 258
East White Street, was one of the first homes constructed in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Through exhibits and programs, the story of a family that was instrumental in the birth and development of Rock Hill - and has served South Carolina for generations - is told.
In 2005, after five generations of the White Family cared for this treasure, Historic Rock Hill purchased the White Home and began a five-year restoration journey with Leitner Construction Company as the general contractor for the project. The White Home opened to the public on October 24, 2010, and, today, houses a collection of historical photographs and documents that reveal the growth and development of Rock Hill over the past 175 years. The present-day site spans more than 3 acres and includes the main house and several out-buildings.